You are welcome to KEEP your usual weekly visits if you begin working from home:
Many workplaces are allowing (or mandating) work-from-home policies. If we typically visit while you are at work, we’re happy to come for your usual visit when you telework, and as long as everyone in your home is fever-free and symptom free of illness.
You should CANCEL our visits if:
- ANYONE in your home has symptoms of cold, flu, respiratory illness, or fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), please cancel your visit and stay home until both fever and any other symptoms are gone without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). We will return to work at your home when everyone has been symptom-free for 1 week or more.
- ANYONE in your home has been in contact with a workplace, public area, community group, or individuals suspected to or known to have been exposed to COVID19. We will return to work at your home when everyone has been symptom-free for 14 days or or more.
Your responsibilities for keeping yourselves and us all safer:
- At home, regularly disinfect all entry doorknobs and the surfaces that you and we regularly touch:
- pet supplies: bowls, treat jars, liter scoop handles, leashes, crate doors, ec.,
- garage keypad,
- alarm keypad,
- key lockboxes,
- doorknobs on all doors,
- light switches,
- sink handles,
- your smartphone, computer keyboards and mouse/pads,
- other frequently touched surfaces
- At home, leave soap and paper towels out for us by your sink
- Stay home. Away from home, reduce your exposure by washing your hands immediately after being in public places
- Wash for 30+ seconds preferably using soap and warm water, over hand sanitizer or wipes
- Distance yourself from people outside your household by at least 6 feet
- Avoid other people who are coughing or sneezing
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or into your sleeve, never your hand
- Our employees are doing the same.
While our standard practice already is to wash hands as our last task in every client’s home to prevent pet germs traveling from one home to the next, we’ve now added instructions for employees to deliberately and carefully wash hands after every stop in public (including meals, 7-11, gas stations, trips home between visits, etc.), so we will minimize introducing any new germs into your home.
We may cancel your visits if:
- The community is advised (by state or local officials, Health & Human Services, or other authorities) to quarantine or to take shelter in place or quarantine measures,
- The government directs all non-essential businesses to stop operations. We will alert you if any such measure affects our company or our operations.
- Our employees have symptoms of cold, flu, respiratory illness, or fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), we may cancel your visits until both fever and any other symptoms are gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
Educate yourself on facts versus rumors, with these online resources: