Happy Mother’s Day! To all you pet moms out there, today is YOUR day! While it’s unlikely your furry friend will make you breakfast in bed, I think we should take this day to celebrate the best things about being a pet mom. I’ve comprised a list of my five favorite things about being a mother to my beautiful pupper:
- I never have to be alone – Literally. My dog follows me EVERYWHERE! She’s a 75 pound lap dog, and I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way.
- She’s a great listener – As long as I talk in a “happy voice” my dog listens to everything I say! She’s got that head-tilt down to perfection, and even though she probably has no idea what I’m saying, I like to think she does.
- I always have an exercise buddy – My pup is a great incentive to get movin’! She inspires me to get outside, walk to new places, and explore the world with her at my side.
- She always wins the clean plate award – I was a bit worried when I moved to an apartment without a dishwasher, but then I realized that my dishwasher traveled with me! (don’t worry, I wash all my dishes with soap and water once she’s done with them)
- She gives me something to be thankful for – my love bug pup provides unconditional love and is always there when I need her. She gives me a positive perspective every day, and looks at every morning as a new chance for adventure.
Even though this day is supposed to be about you pet moms out there, I also think its a day to be grateful for those rascally pets who make us moms in the first place! I’d love to hear what things you’re grateful for when it comes to being a pet mom – comment below!