Be sure to make your reservations early – for your planes, trains, hotels AND pet sitting appointments at the same time.
At Alexandria Pet Care, these holidays are by appointment ONLY. We care for lots of pet sitting clients on these dates, and weekday dog walking schedules are suspended unless clients make special appointments for dog walking on these days:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- MLK, Jr. Birthday
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July (observed)
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day (observed)
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Thursday
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Eve,
- Christmas Day
- December 26
So, how far in advance should you make pet sitting appointments? As soon as you know you’ll be traveling. Here’s our scoop on scheduling:
- ASAP: Book dates as soon as you have tentative plans. It’s always better to arrange pet care with a quick note to us that plans may shift.
- 30 DAYS AHEAD: Always book at least a month ahead for AUGUST dates, NOVEMBER dates, and DECEMBER dates. We book up a month ahead.
- 2 WEEKS: year-round, we are available to all current clients for bookings made 2 weeks in advance or more.
- 3 DAYS: we may or may not be available just 2 days’ notice. We charge a Squeeze Me In fee of $20 for each visit booked with 2 weekdays or less notice.
- EMERGENCIES: always phone us for emergency pet care. Squeeze Me Fees will apply, and we can arrange team coverage or a manager to care for your pets during true emergencies.
- BABY WATCH: we have helped many expectant parents by being “on call” during the last month of pregnancy; as long as you have completed your forms and an in-home consultation visit, we can agree to be on-call to you during the final weeks of pregnancy.